Kaiwiki Chapel officially opened on January 10, 1910, as an outreach chapel for Central Christian Church to serve the communities of Kaiwiki, Ola‘a, Amauulu and Honomu. Located on Kaiwiki Road just outside of Hilo, the Chapel celebrates it's 100 anniversary with a short program featuring words of prayer and a history of the construction by Mildred Yamamoto. This was followed by refreshments and fellowship coordinated by the Kaiwiki Community Association.
Kaikiwi Community Association President Cynthia Inoue has been working with landowners to secure permission to begin rennovating and preserving the 100 year old chapel. To date, these discussions have not been successful.