Applications are now being accepted for Summer 2012! Please read announcement fully before applying. Questions should be directed to the White House Internship Office directly and applications submitted via the instructions.
The White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. Although unpaid, this hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office and prepare them for future public service opportunities.The application period for the Summer 2012 White House Internship Program is now open until January 22, 2012.
All White House Internship Program participants must be:
- United States citizens
- At least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university OR graduated in the past two years from an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college or university
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty at any time over the past two years
All White House Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program.
- The Summer 2012 internship term runs from May 29, 2012-August 10, 2012
- The White House Internship Program is an unpaid program
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 9 AM-6 PM, Monday-Friday
- Hours may vary by office