Monday, October 6, 2008

NASW - PACE Endorsement

I am pleased to have received the endorsement of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Hawaii Chapter. The decision to endorse my candidacy was based on my commitment to the well-being of individuals, families and communities. The criteria included among others:

1) My support for NASW issues (eg. Changes to adult protection law, establishing asset building policies, and establishing a self-sufficiency standard); and

2) My position on other key issues in health and human services (eg. Funding for the health and human services safety net, universal health insurance, sustainability)

Toward these ends, I am very concerned about the many end of life issues that the elderly and families must face in caring for their loved-ones. With out the proper planning, long-term care of the elderly can have devastating impact on families and a live-time of savings and prosperity.

I also believe that in tough economic times, resources must be maintained or increased in the area of health and human services to insure that programs are in place to address the increased hardship on our most vulnerable populations.

No comments: